Life's a game, so let's play!
The Fair's Theme Exhibit for 2013 features fun and games for all ages
The 2013 San Diego County Fair, presented by Albertsons/Sav-on celebrates all types of games at the 'Game On!' Exhibit, located in the Activity Center, just beyond the O'Brien gate. Whether it's board games, card games, traditional games, role-playing games, or video games, there is something for everyone at the 'Game On!' Exhibit.
Featured in the 'Game On!' Exhibit:
• The world's most iconic game image is brought to life, with a 10 ft. Monopoly board and race car token, perfect for a photo op!
• Join the fun each weekend for "Monopoly Weekends," featuring a screening and the stars from the documentary Under The Boardwalk. There will be Monopoly tournaments on Saturday and Sunday, with the finalists will be eligible for an upcoming Monopoly World Series. (To find out more on becoming a competitor, go to www.kidstocamp.org.)
• Larger-than-life versions of Dominos, Gross Anatomy, Chess, Tumble Tower and Four In A Row are ready for Fairgoers to play all day! Be sure to watch for special versions of these games on Monday through Thursday, Family Game Nights.
• Find out about the history of games from Scrabble to Battleship to Chutes and Ladders, and much more! Take a guided tour with our resident game historian, Dr. Wayne Saunders.
• The Gam3rcon Video Game Lounge and the Retro Arcade will offer non-stop action that will take you to another world!
• If you love TV game shows, join the audience and get selected for our original, unique, over-the-top and out of the box game shows featured daily at 12:00 noon and 5:00PM. Play "Furt, the Game Show," and "The Game Game Show".
• The 'Bar-cade' is the place to stop for a cool beverage!
• Learn to play the hand you are dealt during Competitive Card Game Weekend, June 28-30 for Magic, Kaijudo, and more! (Visit www.PairADiceGames.com to learn how you can get lost in the shuffle.)
• Find out about new games from one of our game partners: Game Empire, Pair A Dice Games and Wiggity Bang Games. Magic Feather, Quao, Euro Games and many more will be featured.
• Want to get a Clue about parlor games? Join our very own Professor Plum on Thursday afternoons for a special lesson!
• Meet the creator of Killer Bunnies, San Diegan and high school teacher Jeffery Bellinger will be featured during Killer Bunnies weekend, June 14-16.
• Be a part of the Miniatures Tournament weekend, June 21-23 as a player or observer. (Visit www.GameEmpire.com to see how you can bring your troops to the table.)
• Each day there will be a series of guest speakers who will discuss game creation, what's new in gaming and what the future may bring!
• Play the latest games developed here in San Diego County by USAopoly. Enjoy original creations like Telestrations, Tapple, and Cross-Ways as well as branded favorites like Clue: Big Bang Theory Collector's Edition, Monopoly: Nintendo Collector's Edition, Scrabble The Beatles Edition, Yahtzee: Hello Kitty Collector's edition, and much more.
• If a career in games interests you, learn about what it takes to break in to the video and mobile gaming industry with help from Arts Institute of California; Wired Talent will help you find your dream job.
Be sure to watch out for Spontaneous Tornado Jockey, the Game Tower, Family Game Night (Monday through Thursday nights) and many other surprises that will help you have fun as you go through the game of Life! The cards are stacked in your favor at the 'Game On!' Exhibit of the 2013 San Diego County Fair.