Take the COASTER train or BREEZE bus service to the Fair, and use the SPRINTER and San Diego Trolley lines to connect to the COASTER or BREEZE buses.
Once you have arrived at the Solana Beach COASTER station, catch the shuttle in front of the station to the Fair's
West Gate. Present your train or bus ticket to the shuttle driver.
Please note: You must have a valid Amtrak ticket or North County Transit District ticket or pass to board the shuttle.
Before you board:
Certain items may not be brought into the Fair, and may be confiscated at the gate. Because you will not be able to return these items to your vehicle, please read our Can I Bring... page before departing.
During the Fair, buy the Fair Tripper combo package, which includes round-trip fare on North County Transit District's COASTER and SPRINTER trains and BREEZE buses, a shuttle from the station to the Fair's West Gate, and adult admission to the Fair.
• The Fair Tripper ticket is $17.00. (If bought separately, adult Fair admission is $16.00, and round-trip transportation ranges from $5.00 to $11.00.)
• Patrons who wish to use the Fair shuttle (to and from the Solana Beach station) must show the driver a valid Amtrak or NCTD ticket/pass.
• Get more info and buy this package online from NCTD online or the day you come to the Fair at COASTER vending machines.
• Although the Fair Tripper is valid for any age, those 62 or older save more buying Fair admission and COASTER fare separately. Kids 5 and younger ride the COASTER free and get free Fair admission.
• No drinking or open alcohol containers allowed on NCTD buses and trains.
Trains and buses run all day and well into the evening, so you can enjoy all the great nighttime Fair festivals and entertainment.
Are you a regular transit rider?
You can ride the shuttle from the Solana Beach station, and get a $3.50 discount on the same-day adult, senior or child Fair admission. Just show your valid transit pass/ticket to the shuttle driver and at the West Gate box office.
Please note: This discount admission offer is valid only at the Fair's West Gate.
Do you live near Escondido?
Take the direct BREEZE bus to the Fair! Special Route 408, which operates only during the Fair, leaves the Escondido Transit Center and goes directly to the Fair's West Gate via Del Dios Highway. You can park at the transit center, or connect using the SPRINTER or other bus routes.
Route 408 Schedule on the NCTD website
Other public transportation to the Fair
The Solana Beach train station also is served by Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner, which runs between San Diego and Los Angeles (San Diego to San Luis Obispo on some trains). Please see Amtrak's website.
For San Diego Metropolitan Transit System bus and trolley schedules, see http://www.sdmts.com