Directions, Biking, and Parking
We'll update you with information on this page nearer Fairtime should anything change with respect to directions, biking, or parking. There is free tram service from paid parking lots to the admission gates; lots located on either side of Jimmy Durante Boulevard. Enjoy a family outing by bicycling together to the Fair; free parking for bicycles. Save with daily off-site parking offered free of charge. Click, or scroll down, for off-site parking information.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds is located 20 miles north of downtown San Diego, in the city of Del Mar.
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Del Mar, California 92014
If you are driving, from I-5, take the Via de la Valle exit and head west (left for northbound exits; right for southbound exits).
Take Via De La Valle to Jimmy Durante Boulevard and turn left. Follow signs and the instructions of parking personnel to Fair parking.
View Larger Map
Ride a bike!
Biking to the Fair. Bike racks are set up at the O'Brien Gate and the West Gate. You may lock your bikes at either location, using your own lock, at no charge. Search for bike routes here or here.
• $10 per vehicle, cash only
• $20 per RV or motorhome, cash only
• Paid parking lots open at 8:00AM on Saturdays and Sundays; 9:00AM on other days
• Preferred parking: $20 per vehicle (no motorhomes; cash only). To reach the preferred parking area, drive south on Jimmy Durante Boulevard past the entrance to the main parking lot and follow the signs.
• Motorcycles: $10, cash only, with a separate parking area in a small traffic circle on the north side of the main parking lot.
• No same-day in-and-out privileges in our paid parking lots. If you need to leave and return the same day, you will need to pay again for parking (remember to have your hand stamped for re-admission to the Fair itself). We recommend that you use our free parking lots.
• Dropping someone off? Use the drop-off area on the east side of the main parking lot, just inside the lot's entrance. Persons using this lot must remain with their vehicle.
• ADA parking information is on the Patrons with Disabilities page in the Guest Services section.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will offer free emergency road service to all guests (battery jump and keys-locked-in-car services). Available every day in the Fairís parking lots from noon to 8:00PM. (Not available in the off-site lots.)
Free off-site parking and shuttle service
During the Fair, free parking is available at three off-site lots, one that is open each day of the Fair and two that are open on weekends and July 4.
Certain items may not be brought into the Fair, and may be confiscated at the gate. Because you will not be able to easily return these items to your car if you park off-site, please read our Can I Bring... page before you come.
Horsepark, 14550 El Camino Real, Del Mar
Offered every day that the Fair is open.
Hours: Buses start at 9:00AM on weekends; 10:00AM weekdays (one hour before the Fair opens). Buses operate until midnight, except for Friday and Saturday night, when they operate until 1:00AM. Horsepark Equestrian Center is at the corner of El Camino Real and Via de la Valle, about two miles east of Interstate 5 at the Via de la Valle exit.
MiraCosta College's San Elijo Campus, 3333 Manchester Ave., Cardiff
Offered Saturdays, Sundays and July 4, from 9:00AM to 1:00AM. MiraCosta College's San Elijo Campus is just east of Interstate 5 at the Manchester Avenue exit. Watch for directional signs along the freeway and leading to the parking lot.
Torrey Pines High School, 3710 Del Mar Heights Rd., Del Mar
Offered Saturdays, Sundays and July 4, from 9:00AM to 1:00AM. Torrey Pines High School is east of Interstate 5 at the Del Mar Heights Road exit. Watch for directional signs along the freeway and leading to the parking lot. Starting June 18, there will be weekday service (except for dark days) from 12:00PM to closing.
For the off-site lots, the following applies:
• The service is free — no charge for parking, no charge for the shuttle.
• Buses leave every 15-20 minutes.
• No eating, drinking or smoking on the buses.
• Off-site lots are lighted.
• Lift-equipped buses are available.
• No long walks — buses drop off and pick up at the O'Brien Gate, informally known as the "main gate."