10:00AM - 3:30PM
Location: Other Location
Join us for the Fair Flower Festival featuring the 5th Annual Floral Design Competition taking place at the Flower and Garden Show! This event will feature floral exhibits and design demonstrations by industry experts, design schools, top local growers and garden clubs. This is the day everyone who is a part of the flower and floral design industry, or those who just love flowers, will be attending.
This event will be held throughout the Paul Ecke, Jr. Flower and Garden shows, stages, and surrounding areas near the O'Brien Hall (to the left as you enter the O'Brien Gate).
• Watch top floral designers compete at the 5th Annual Floral Design Competition!
• Meet Master of Ceremonies, David Root, a prominent San Diego floral designer
• Activities for all ages and skill levels
• Free expert design demonstrations
• Talk to Floral Design Schools and local garden clubs
• Free information on State Floral Certification and floral organizations
• See artful Ikebana display tables
• Displays of High School & College level floral work
• Fun flower projects for kids
The main event of the Fair Flower Festival is the 5th Annual Floral Design Competition, an open entrance event where local floral design amateurs and professionals alike go all-out for top honors in a fun filled day of creative tug-a-war and displays of exceptional floral arrangements.
Additionally, a very special floral design novice class will be held for United States Military Wounded Warriors and Veterans. Our military heroes will take command of the stage and (with help from the audience) drill each other in competitive fun to create the “people’s choice” winning floral design.
Thank you Shinoda Design Center and Fox Point Farms for being the generous floral suppliers for this year’s event!