Surfside Race Place
and Bingo Del Mar
Surfside Race Place, located on the northeast corner of the Fairgrounds, is California’s largest and most luxurious off-track wagering facility. It features thoroughbred racing from major racetracks around the country Wednesdays through Sundays.
During the San Diego County Fair, admission to Surfside is free with Fair admission. Just show your Fair hand stamp at the facility for admission.
Bingo Del Mar
Another year-round activity at Surfside is Bingo Del Mar. During the San Diego County Fair, Bingo will be played each night before the concert at the Heineken Grandstand Stage.
Bingo will also be held at Surfside Race Place in the Sports Club on Monday nights at 7:00PM. Please note that the Fair is closed on Mondays.
During the Fair
Surfside will be the location for a one-year-only exhibit, The J.F.K. Experience. Last November was the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States. This exhibit includes a replica fuselage of Air Force One, a replica of the Oval Office, and clothing and other personal items owned by John and Jackie Kennedy. Please see this page of our website for more information on The J.F.K. Experience.
Summer of Robotics
Another series of events at Surfside will be the Summer of Robotics, several contests and demonstrations of robots and what they can do. For information on this, please see the Student Showcase page of this website.
Among the Fairtime attractions at Surfside are:
- Daily car shows, featuring car clubs from throughout California. We'll have Mustangs, hot rods, Corvettes, T-Birds, woodies and lots more! These shows take place every day of the Fair, outside the Surfside Race Place facility.
- Big stakes races from tracks around the U.S. each weekend during the Fair's run.
- Night racing Australia, Los Alamitos, Cal Expo and more.
- Sit-down dining and cocktails in a luxurious, smoke-free setting. The Saddle Club is open during the Fair:
Thursdays and Fridays 11:30AM-3:30PM
Saturdays and Sundays 11:00AM-3:00PM
- Free $2 bet on the horse races. Fairgoers will have the chance to bet on the races for free at Surfside Race Place Wednesday through Sunday. All you do is stop by the Fair kiosks at the Arena Gate, fill out the fast-and-easy touchscreen survey and you will receive a free $2 bet coupon to redeem at Surfside. Must be 18 years old, while supplies last, one per person.
Visit the Surfside website: surfsideraceplace.com where you'll find the current track schedule, listings of upcoming major stakes races, and information on special events and promotions, Diamond Club membership, and even how to bet!
Visit the Bingo Del Mar website: bingofundelMar.com where you'll find the current schedule, information on special events and promotions, and Diamond Club membership perks.