On the Infield: Family Funville!
The San Diego County Fair has a special place for family fun — the Infield, now known as Family Funville. The emphasis here is on kids and activities the whole family will enjoy.
Click to view the Funville Farm Program Schedule.
Family Feud Fun!
Survey says: you and yours are invited to Family Funville for a live (non-televised) version of Family Feud. The popular game show is held daily at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00PM. Celebrity hosts abound as the audience plays along for prizes. Top answer is: don't miss out!
Family Funville Attractions
Kids Zone — (formerly known as Kiddieland) features more than 40 rides sized just for toddlers and young children. Find out more on the Rides & Games page.
Creative Youth and Best of K-6 Schools — A display of San Diego County children's art, writing, collections, crafts and educational projects, plus one-day contests for kids in art, crafts and cooking.
It's Magic—When it comes to top-flight magical entertainment, the 2013 San Diego County Fair rivals Hollywood's famous Magic Castle. We have more than 200 magical events during our 24-day run: kids' shows, family shows, the Do-It-Yourself Magic Show; two daily stage hypnosis shows by the world famous Mark Yuzuik; and Abra-KID-Abra, our celebated magic camp. At Abra-KID-Abra , we not only teach magic, the kids get to take it home with them! And, of course, it's all free, once you've entered the magical kingdom of the San Diego County Fair.
Family Fun Contests — Contests every day where you and your family can make great memories and win a blue ribbon. Contests include Three O'Clock Fun, Most Patriotic Costume, Family Look Alike and many more. See the One-Day Contests page for more information.
Albertsons/Sav-on Funville Stage — This stage has great entertainment by community groups all day long, such as variety dance groups, karate groups, Polynesian groups, line-dancing, singers and more.
San Diego Pavilion — This exhibit is located in Family Funville and is home to more than 100 non-profit organizations during the course of the Fair. The organizations host booths where fairgoers can get free info on all these groups helping our community everyday!
Several law enforcement agencies including the San Diego County Sheriffs, Border Patrol and California Highway Patrol have free safety advice and information on careers in law enforcement.
This area is also home to the Fair's Community Days Celebrations. Each day, a different community is San Diego County is featured with local businesses. Clubs and organizations are invited to participate, with many free giveaways on these days.
The San Diego County Vintners Association and Sam Bass of KyXy 96.5 host free wine tasting of San Diego County's finest wines twice a day at 4:00 and 5:00PM. Also, a local chef performs a free cooking demonstration with samples for the audience every day at 3:00PM. There is always something happening in the San Diego Pavilion! Hours for this exhibit are Fair Opening til 6:00PM daily.
Several communities and neighborhoods will be at the 2014 Fair on certain days in our "Celebrate San Diego County" program. On these days, you'll be able to meet with representatives of those communities in the San Diego Pavilion located in Family Funville.
June 7, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 8, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 13, 11:00AM-5:00PM
Out at the Fair Day
June 14, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 15, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 18, 11:00AM-5:00PM
June 20, 11:00AM-5:00PM
June 21, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 22, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 25, 11:00AM-5:00PM
June 26, 11:00AM-5:00PM
June 27, 11:00AM-5:00PM
June 28, 10:00AM-5:00PM
June 29, 10:00AM-5:00PM
Hometown Heroes Celebration
July 4, 10:00AM-7:00PM (more...)
At the Funville Farm
Hours: Fair Opening to 6:00PM
Located in the Family Funville is the Funville Farm is the destination for anyone who is interested in growing their own food or seeing where our food comes from. It is a great place to bring a picnic, engage the kids in free activities and learn about a variety of home gardening subjects. All the crops grown at the Farm are planted and cared for by the Fair's Exhibit Department.
Things to see and do at the Funville Farm:
• Honey bee exhibit complete with info on beekeeping, honey and a working hive where you can find the queen bee!
• See some common and unusual herbs for cooking, medicinal use and teas.
• Displays about bugs and birds that are important pollinators for plants.
• Hydroponics Exhibit - learn how to grow food using almost no soil! An efficient way to grow food almost anywhere! Presented by Ag Pals
• The Solana Center will be on hand to teach people all about composting and vermicomposting
• Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest - daily
• Worm Races - daily
• Corn Husking Contest- daily
• Plant a Veggie to take home - weekends
• Take a Tour of the Farm - weekends
• Produce contests - participants vie for the best fruit or veggies grown in their very own backyards. Scroll down for more information on these contests.
• New! Play the "Name that Vegetable Game." Participants match up the actual plant the vegetable comes from with the canned version and match the vegetable with its seed.
• Hydroponics/Aquaponics demos with Ag Pals is back but their exhibit has expanded and will include a variety of displays and lectures from the San Diego Urban Homesteaders. The exhibits include raising chickens in a :a straw bale coop, rainwater harvesting, a permaculture keyhole garden, square foot gardening, an herb spiral, urbanite and earth bag wall construction, laundry to landscape, and a cobb oven.
• See a companion planting demonstration bed to give ideas for healthier plants and as part of an integrated pest management approach - A display about the history of canning food and info on canning methods used today.
Home-Harvested Honey Contest
Homemade Harvested Honey Entry Form [PDF]
Bring a 5-oz. jar of your home-harvested, raw honey in a clear glass jar, and the contest form to the Funville Farm patio area in Family Funville between 10:00AM-1:00PM on June 14.
Homegrown Produce Contest
Homegrown Produce Entry Form [PDF]
Enter your homegrown produce! Pre-registration for this contest is required. Please click on the link to get the enry form. Forms and fees must be postmarked by June 6.
Homegrown Zucchini Contest
Homegrown Zucchini Entry Form [PDF]
Bring your best homegrown zucchini and this contest form on July 5 to the Farm in Family Funville between 10:00AM and noon.