The San Diego County Fair just wouldn't be the same without animals. You can see animals on display, farm equipment, animal shows and of course, the ever-popular Junior Livestock Auction, where San Diego County's young people auction the animals they have hand-raised during the past year.
Fun animal programs at the Fair
This exhibit is located in the Wyland Center (the building with the big whale mural on the side).
In this exhibit you can:
• learn about many different kinds of farm animals
• visit the popular animal petting zoo
• shop in the Albertsons/Sav-on Super Kidsmarket, a shopping experience for kids ages 5-12 to learn how to make healthy choices at the grocery store
• see special displays by the San Diego County Farm Bureau, Southern California Llama Association and San Diego County Cowbelles
• watch goat milking demonstrations, daily at 11:00AM and 4:00PM
• do some egg counting as you visit the hens in their "condo coops"
• join in fun contests such as onion bowling, best farmer tan and other contests that happen daily on the AgriFair Stage.
Cattle, sheep, pigs, and goats can be found in the Livestock Barn and Barn W every day of the Fair. Check out Rings 1, 2 and 3 to see these animals competing for the Blue Ribbon.
Large Animal Schedule
Large animals are located in the Livestock Barn and Barn W. This is the area to see cattle, goats, pigs and more competing for the blue ribbon! Adults and youth bring their animals to be judged and displayed during the Fair. A schedule of when you can see specific animals will be posted later this spring.
Small Animal Schedule
Small animals are located in the Agrifair building, where rabbits, pigeons, poultry and more compete for the blue ribbon! Adults and youth bring their animals to be judged and displayed during the Fair. A schedule of when you can see specific animals will be posted later this spring.
Swifty Swine Racing Pigs
Long a Fair favorite, the cute little Swifty Swine Racing Pigs are back for another fun season of pig races! Pick the pig that you think will get to the Oreo cookie first, then cheer it to the finish line! In the Durante Area next to the Del Mar Arena.
Weekdays: 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 2:30PM, 4:30PM, 6:30PM and 8:00PM
Weekends: 11:00AM, 12:30PM, 2:30PM, 4:30PM, 6:30PM and 8:00PM
World of Horses at Family Funville
Dates and Hours: June 5-July 2, Fair Opening to 6:00PM (dates and times subject to change)
This exhibit is located at Family Funville (in the Infield) and showcases more than 20 different breeds of horses. Daily riding, grooming and horseshoeing demonstrations are held.
Please remember to always wash your hands thoroughly when coming into direct contact with animals at the Fair. A barn animal safety worksheet is available at these animal-related events upon request.